WARHAMMER 40K 10th Edition League
Warhammer 40k 10th Ed. League Packet:
~This League is designed for experienced players looking for a challenge and/or players looking to practice for high level play like GW Opens Events.
~This League will have an open play period that will culminate to a play-off bracket that will begin in January 2024.
The purpose of this packet is to create a standardized rule set for league play using the current edition and evolving rules of the 40k game. This is to provide a clear understanding of what you can expect when you play at Muse Comics & Games, and the way that the league will be organized and structured. Our mission as organizers is to encourage players to have FUN, centered in the Warhammer 40k hobby.
Each player will need to provide a copy of their army lists (Point cost of models and upgrades included) as well as all the essentials they need to run their army, dice, templates, measuring tape, the appropriate FAQ, etc. We suggest exporting txt-based lists (battlescribe, ect.) to your opponent. Players are expected to know their army well enough that they can find rules & list specifics in GW print should your moves, plays, special abilities or point values be questioned.
OPEN PLAY Season: (September 7th, 2023 December 2023)
~Open play means games can be played at any time in-store or at home during the open play period of this season!!
~Games must be reported to Muse Comics in-store, over the phone, or email to be accounted and updated to league standings.
- 10th edition rules set and FAQ/datasheet updates will be used in every game. If new datasheets and updates are announced they will be league legal the day they are released.
- Leviathan Missions randomly chosen each game. If new mission packs are release the league will use those mission and/or table layouts on release day of said new mission packs.
- Tables/terrain during open play “should” use the provided table layout & terrain (pics below). However, if both players agree to terrain rules and set up before the game they may set up a board however they agree. If players cannot agree then the GW recommended table set-up must be used.
- Y.S.I.W.Y.G. Player’s armies and miniatures must be modeled to include any upgrade equipment and/or weaponry that the figure has paid to use in the game. Examples: Power weapons, heavy and medium weapons like Lascannons and melta-guns, vehicle weapons like Hunter Killer-Missiles, etc. If it cost points it should be represented on the model. Vehicles must be fully modeled to display all its upgraded weaponry.
- Painting is not required but as stated in the Grand Tournament book players with fully painted and based armies get 10 victory points.
- Horde armies must have some way of distinguishing individual units. This can be color coding, conversions, decals etc.
- Forge World models and rules may be used if they are approved models and/or rules for use in GW open events. (Battlescribe & GW 40K App list legal units)
- Conversions models are allowed but full proxy and “lets pretend” units and models are not allowed.
- 3D printed models and 3rd party models ARE NOT ALLOWED. Bitz and small pieces are allowed but fully printed models will not be allowed.
- All players must abide to the army construction rules for 10th ed and play a 2000 point army (MAX).
- Structures/terrain features on the base/outline of terrain count as line of sight blocking on the ground floor. (example: Models may shoot and be seen if they are on the base/outline of terrain unless they are behind a terrain structure on the ground floor of that base/outline.)
- Players score their best 8 games played during the open season of the league to set their standings for bracket play in play-offs.
- Players can only play the same person twice during the open play portion of the league.
- Players must score at least 4 games to qualify for the play-off finals brackets.
Play-offs: (Brackets formed January 2024)
- Once open season of the league closes we will create brackets based on open play standings.
- Top 2 players of open-play get a round 1 bye in the bracket play-offs.
- Players that wish to participate in the play-off bracket must submit a play-off list. Dates for list submission will be announced in January 2024.
- Play-off games MUST be played with GW recommended terrain & table set-up (listed below)
- Play-off games will NOT be timed.
TABLE LAYOUT: (randomly choose 1 before each game)
MISSIONS: Randomly choose a mission from the Leviathan Mission packet.
HARDY: Wins (1) VP: (143)
- vs Joe G. (90-41)
- vs Brett S. (53-60)
Brett S.: Wins (1) VP: (60)
- vs Hardy. (60-53)
Andrew P.: Wins (1) VP: (79)
- vs Hardy. (79-70)
Spencer: Wins (1) VP: (87)
- vs Spencer (87-55)
Roman: Wins (1) VP: (82)
- vs Spencer (55-87)
- vs Lee (27-17)
Steven L.: Wins (0) VP: (70)
- vs Hardy. (70-79)
JOE G.: Wins (0) VP: (41)
- vs Hardy. (41-90)
Lee W.: Wins (0) VP: (17)
- vs Hardy. (17-27)
We have a discord! It is available for League Matchmaking and casual games.
Directions to join:
1. Scan the QR code or follow the link HERE.
2. Read and agree to the Code of Conduct for access.
3. Click on the “follow-catagories” Channel.
-React to the protocol droids messages for the Categories you would like to follow. (ex: to follow Warhammer channels, react to the protocol droids messages that says “ROLE MENU: WARHAMMER” with the designated emoji)
-NOTE: To unfollow categories, revoke your reaction and it will revoke the role. Additionally, reacting with emoji’s that aren’t designated by the role menu will not subscribe you to those channels.
You can get an invite to the Muse Comics Community Discord with the QR code below, in store, or a link HERE.