WARHAMMER 40K: MINOR LEAGUES
Warhammer 40k MINOR League Packet:
~Minor Leagues is designs for new players, beginners, and players getting back into 40k after a long break
The purpose of this packet is to create a standardized rule set for league play using the current edition and evolving rules of the 40k game. This is to provide a clear understanding of what you can expect when you play at Muse Comics & Games, and the way that the league will be organized and structured. Our mission as organizers is to encourage players to have FUN, centered in the Warhammer 40k hobby.
Each player will need to provide a copy of their army lists (Point cost of models and upgrades included) as well as all the essentials they need to run their army, dice, templates, measuring tape, the appropriate FAQ, etc. We suggest exporting txt-based lists (battlescribe, ect.) to your opponent. Players are expected to know their army well enough that they can find rules & list specifics in GW print should your moves, plays, special abilities or point values be questioned.
OPEN PLAY MINOR LEAGUES: (May 16 thru July)
~Open play league means games can be played at any time in-store or at home during the open play period of the season!!
~Games just have to be reported to us in-store, over the phone, or email.
- 9th edition rules will be used. If new codex or supplements/FAQ release during the open play or Play-off of the league the newest rules will be used.
- Patrol Detachments only in Minor Leagues
- No models with these key words may be used in your list: super heavy, titanic, supreme commander, warlord, lord of war.
- Armies may not have more than 2 selections of any 1 unit in MINOR leagues.
- Horde armies must have some way of distinguishing individual units. This can be color coding, conversions, decals etc.
- Missions MUST be played from the current Grand Tournament Kit using the Matched Play rules, recommended board size using the “Incursion Missions.”
- Forge World models may be used to represent unites from Games Workshop codex and literature but Forge World RULES MAY NOT be used.
- Y.S.I.W.Y.G. Player’s armies and miniatures must be modeled to include any upgrade equipment and/or weaponry that the figure has paid to use in the game. Examples: Power weapons, heavy and medium weapons like Lascannons and melta-guns, vehicle weapons like Hunter Killer-Missiles, etc. If it cost points it should be represented on the model. Vehicles must be fully modeled to display all its upgraded weaponry.
- Painting is not required but as stated in the Grand Tournament book players with fully painted and based armies get 10 victory points.
- Conversions models are allowed but full proxy and “lets pretend” units and models are not allowed.
- Armies must be Battleforged and up to 501 points and follow all the army construction rules from the current Grand Tournament kit.
- SUPREME COMMAND detachments and models are NOT allowed in minor league games.
- Games will use D3+3 pieces of terrain. Terrain pieces should be roughly the same size. Players cannot place terrain within 4 inches of other terrain pieces.
- All terrain MUST be played as “Ruin” terrain. Players should discuss terrain before each game and be clear about line of sight, application of cover saves bonuses ect.
- This is an open play league. Players can play games on their own time at any time at home or in-store. Games must be reported to us via phone, email or in-store.
- Players score their best 4 games played during the open season of the league to set their standing for bracket play after the open season closes.
- Players can only play the same person twice during the open play portion of the league.
Play-offs: (Brackets will be generated at the end of July 2022)
- Once open season of the league closes we will create brackets based on open play standings.
- Play-offs will be played at 1000 points with the exact same restrictions as the open play.
OPEN PLAY RESULTS: